Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Monday 28 May 2018

New EU policies : privacy etc



New EU POLICIES :


To comply with the new EU privacy and cookies laws, which came to effect on 26th of May 2018, I now add to what blogger displayed, additional information and disclaimers.


I shall use general rules for all blogs, and add both specific to each one and tell you how to contact me according to each blog, at the bottom part, after all the information is given. 

I shall address in particular cookies, comments, moderation, following options, sponsorship, and other information about the blog, before helping you to navigate it according to current displays and options.

First, however, I want to point to the fact that I enabled HTTPS redirect for you, my readers, to have secure, encrypted connections, over all my blogs. 

As you saw, cookies are used by blogger (blogspot), owned by Google, "to analyze traffic and ensure quality of service, your safey and detect, and address abuse". These are small text files which allow communication between your devise (PC etc) and the website, retaining your preferences, and other such information, dependent on the website itself. 

You can use your browser to choose when you delete these cookies, or to disable them beforehand - check your browser's help to find how to do these actions. 

When you visit any of my blogs, therefore, you may have accepted these cookies. Know that I don't personally try to use these cookies, not that I know how to, but even if I did, the goals of this blog have always been those of sharing my experiences and reviews - according to each blog's topic - and to create dialogue. 

An update from 6th of February 2019, in view of the new, new, rules for March, read all about Google's cookie notiffications here , especially if you use a web-browser that disables pop-ups and ads such as should be dispplayed on my blogs as follows (click to see bigger) 



Comments and moderation ; and what happens when you follow me:

Part of this dialogue is through any comment which you post. If you use a gmail/Google accunt, the usual Google rules apply. If you use any of the other options, which may be annonymous, Live ID or any other which have been activated by specific themes on my blogs, the additional websites which run those platforms may collect your data, name, IP and so forth.

When you follow me by email or the follow buttons, you only get notifications of my posts, and/or comments, depending on what you clicked. If you wish to be removed, you can message me. 

At no moment do I use these for any other purposes than to continue our discussions, either answering your comments - which are always moderated to avoid any abuse - and I don't use them for any ads nor revenues. 

My moderation aims to avoid feeding any trolls. As anywhere online, I want to make sure none of my readers have to receive offensive, hateful or otherwise derogatory messages and comments. Therefore, if you see a comment on, which attacks and that I may have missed, please notify me by the contact form so I can deal with it, and please do not enter a fight with other users as a result of any oversight I may ever have in my moderation.  

Repeat offenders will always be blocked, but this never occurred as of yet. 

I have no access to edit your comments, so as not all readers may be equally fluent in English, I will ask you, if you can, to make an effort in composing as fluently as possible, to refrain from using lingo that may be specific to counties that others may not get the reference, or too many accronyms which may create confusion (but it's ok if you miss these points, as, after all, this can be a source of discussion too). 

Above all, when you comment, please be aware that since I moderate everything, bigotry and hate speach, or calling for violent act of any kind upon any person or group, for any reason, shall never be published. Simply put, there will be zero tolerance for harassment, bullying or any form of hate and abuse.

Curtesy and kind exchanges of constructive opinions and/or experiences are my sole aims in having blogs, which I otherwise would keep as private diaries.  

Authors:

Although I never had guest or collaborative authors on my blogs, you may one day see different, new names. Please be respectful to them just as well as you'd be with me. 
You will notice, on the other hand, in this mental health blog, entries answering or participating to specific awareness campaigns, challenges and posts inspired by others, whom I systematically credit and invite you to discover and read for yourselves. 

Theft, comment removal, omissions or missed content?

If you see your name and you haven't comments, please contact me so I can remove immediately - and ensure your passwords are all changed to avoid account theft. I don't know if I have access to anything to investigate as to any such eventual culprit, but rest assured that I never allow such practices. 

If you commented and change your mind, it's your right to contact me to ask its removal. Please use the same email address/social media account you used to post your comment with, so I can search and confirm any request, as I don't wish to delete another person's comment on a third party's request, and thus hurt by the process the original person. 

Sponsorship, monetization etc:

I don't use any sponsor, so any spam and/or ad you see is a breach upon my blog, which is kept free and not affliated to any brand. Please let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary. 

When I share links, know that I do so only to send you to additional information, and that each website similarly applies privacy rules that I invite you to read carefuly - especially since my blog predates the new laws implemented recently and that it'd be time consuming for me to backtrack to every single link, so I invite you to discover as you read. 

I don't rent or sell, nor share your information - but when you comment, know others shall see what you said and with which account you did so. This is one reason why I moderate, as explained above. 


Any legal changes shall see this page modified to fit with newer requirements. 



Now, to the last bit, pertaining to particularities about this blog:

  • Here, I discuss mental health and lifestyle. I never pretend to replace medical advice, and only share my experiences and findings regarding my own mental health conditions. 
  • I discuss rather openly each topic, including therapy sessions and advice my therapists give me 
  • The aim of these are multiple : helping me track my progress over time ; as memory-aid because my memory has been faulty ; raising awareness and hoping to create dialogue for mutual support among other sufferers, and to break stigma and promote better understanding in those who don't suffer
  • You will see occasional reviews for books in the psychology and self-help genres on this blog. Some of them are broken down to several entries, describing my reading process, and like my other blogs where I review anything, these are only my own opinions and reflect in no way any author's or third party promotion of any kind. 
  • Some of  my entries contain trigger warnings. They are to help my readers prepare before reading, as some content is tough to share and to read. Pay attention to those if you feel fragile. My aim isn't to hurt anyone, as said above. 
  • In my lifestyle, I raise various topics, sharing my opinions. You may disagree and I'll ask you to respect these and if you comment, to be careful in what you say, to me or anyone else agreeing or disagreeing. They may be, some times, hot topics of tension. 
Contacting me for this blog:

Apparent for social media icons I displayed on the blog, there are several ways to do so. There is an email for this blog, it is lulupetals@mail.com
There is a contact form, currently at the bottom of the blog's page. 

In both cases, I'll ask you to specify why you are contact me - to report abuse, policy infringements by others that I may have missed, to let me know I'm not up-to-date with newest EU or international blog laws if I miss them, or any enquiry about the blog. 

You can comment on any entry, unless I disable specific ones, using any of your accounts which are allowed on the blogspot's website here. These are always moderated as stated earlier.
If you want to suggest a topic, you can do either by email, contact form, or this suggestion box.

More about this blog in the intro and its user manual


Lastly, to compose this I used this guide about GDPR's and looked at several blogs to find how to do this, as I had no idea on what to include. 

Thank you for reading this long entry. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments