Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Friday 17 February 2017

182- #xpo173challenge= My Exposure Challenge (0)

Hello all. 

The past few weeks have been quite difficult. I invited friends and family on regular basis, and went out for shopping when it was needed. But, the spike in my social anxieties have been such, that I stayed home much of the past 6 weeks, reading books or computing - and started to stagnate in the frequency of my exposures. 


I had managed to run some important errands, and personal victories about which I blogged, but the overall status hasn't moved much and it needs to. 


With improved weather this past week, and heading towards spring I think this is a great moment to start this challenge : I want to go out, at least once a day and apply what I learned since I started my CBT ; I want these exposures to grow in difficulty whenever possible, with a target of attending a local geek convention in 4 weeks.

I'll post my exposures both here and on twitter, using this hashtag #xpo173challenge
Let me break it down for you, xpo, for exposure. 
173 for 2017, March. (I know, I'm starting it in February, but the main bulk will be in March).
and obviously, challenge. 

I couldn't use exposurechallenge because it was a photography challenge (exposure relating to how much light we let in the camera, which explains the psychology version), and after a few permutations, have found that this #xpo173challenge wasn't used yet.

You can use it to join me, whenever you want during the next 6 weeks, on your pace and your own needs - mine shall be about social anxieties, but maybe you need exposure for other goals. 

The challenge is simple, like I said above : at least once a day, and if possible, with incremental difficulty (this isn't always feasible) ; if you want, have a target to reach during the second half of March, something you feel is too big right now, but that you could attain.

Next entry for this challenge is post 183 covering days 1-11 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments