Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Tuesday 10 January 2017

156- 52 weeks of gratitude - Week 1 - Why start this challenge

I just read Fiona likes the blog's entry and thought to join my first 2017 challenge : the 52 weeks of gratitude.

As I want to finish it before 2018, I'll post weeks 1 and 2 concurrently and weeks 3 onward will be programmed for Sundays. 

If you also chose to join, here is the breakdown of the challenge. 







  • As you can see, week 1 (January 1st)  I want to explain why start this challenge ? 


I start it because I need to create a positive mindset. Indeed, when you, I, suffer from depression, it's hard to think positively and make lemonade from all the lemons you, I, encounter. 

As I enjoyed short-term challenges during 2016 and have made progress with my mental health, and haven't participated in a challenge since late August, I thought it's time for me to really challenge myself on a longer term, but not with a daily challenge because I'm not that regular and have actually failed that 30-day gratitude after 10 days - as I lost interest and inspiration, not to mention a constant difficulty in positing every day. 

Instead, this weekly form will challenge me but not necessarily be out of my reach, and if I ever need, I can prepare and program a post to appear on a specific moment and that's actually what might happen quite often, because I shall normally participate in monthly awareness campaigns like I did in 2016. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments