Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Saturday 14 May 2016

62- Special edition 2 : Mental health awareness month (9) - Psychological disorders



May is almost half over, but mental health awareness month is still going and I wanted to share a
channel which I discovered during mental health week : Crash Course. That channel talks about many topics, including the one which occupies us presently : mental health.



I just finished watching a very interesting video, explaining psychological disorders and also the various stages they were diagnosed and treated, in a quick historical overview without being a full-length documentary. It serves as a a summary and is well presented, albeit somewhat hyperactive. The narrator is fast, so I found that I couldn't multi task and gave my whole attention to listening.

Warning : some of their videos give cultural exemples and may spoil endings of various novels and movies as it happened in one of them (about PTSD) in which an important plot was given about the hobbit/lord of the rings, which I had luckily both read and watched but if you haven't, maybe you'll want to avoid that video.

That said, they don't do it on every single video, and they are quite informative and everything is well documented and illustrated.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments