Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Tuesday 8 March 2016

26- Shopping with social phobias



Shopping with social phobias
Overall, I manage shopping but I try whenever I can to go during off hours. In fact, I not only do not like waiting in line, but in addition it is emotionally difficult for me because I am surrounded by many strangers and I have social phobias. This is true everywhere: DIY stores, food shops, cultural shops ...


I avoid, for example, the local cultural store called Fnac in peak hours or periods of sales and towards Christmas ...

I also avoid to go to a store at the beginning of sales; I prefer online shopping where I'm not rushed and I do not have to protect my position in line ...nor wait surrounded by dozens or hundreds of people ... I did, before I discovering good websites ... and each time was painful, an incredible effort.

On the one hand, I am hyper sensitive and empathetic, while at the time I had not yet developed a protection to deal with this, I had trouble with aggression and emotions of others ...
On the other hand, my social anxieties that were certainly not as bad as the last two years, already gave me a lot of trouble and as soon as I could, I avoided all these situations.
As I have no choice but to do the food shopping, I try to go during off-peak or average hours. And ... I zigzag everywhere to avoid the sight of some disgusting isles, but in addition, to avoid the crowds and gatherings ...
But I must also say that I do not have the worst store anxiety levels; I saw documentaries and vlogs on YouTube, some people have much larger effects and huge panic attacks at each corner ... to the point of tears.
Personally, I sometimes begin a crisis , but as I do not live in Paris or such a city, crowds are never so great at times when I go. I leave before the crisis takes hold ...It does happen in public transport as mentioned. 
So if you see me, or someone else, avoiding and sneaking, this could well be a person who suffers from anxiety or social phobia: thank you for being lenient with us because it never is easy for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments