Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Wednesday 2 March 2016

19- Help



Continuing my reading of ''Self help for your nerves'' in which a chapter is devoted to the patient who must accept and dare to ask for help when needed,  reiterated in my mind my own difficulties, precisely, to ask for others' help.
This is due to several factors:
Lack of trust / belief in myself, led me at times not to believe that I was worthy of assistance that could be given...


This goes along with the fear of disturbing, of course ...
Once this aspect set aside, there is the issue of trust in others, which is not easy to grant after the abuse of power of which I was victimized by an important person in my life. I learn with time to release this instinctive need to self protection and I regularly open up -friends in whom I trust and also, to professionals: physician or psychiatrist.
I learned to affirm what I intellectually know, that I don't bother my friends, just like when I help them. Between friends, mutual help's normal ...
I came to the conclusion that working alone in my corner to try to reduce my social phobia is not at all easy and I seek tools and people to help me move forward.
I approach a new cognitive therapy that should begin in May as posted earlier this afternoon.
To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments