Black Lives Matter, let's unite and speak up to correct injustices, to fight for equality and bury racism

Monday 7 March 2016

24- Glassessss



In May 2014, I started to wearing the first corrective glasses of my life. A few months before that, during my appointment with the optometrist, he reminded me that he had already prescribed them for me several years ago. He reiterated that in fact it had to happen sooner or later, basically because of genetics (both parents wearing glasses, along with other family members), and simply aging. 


I had almost forgotten this detail, but after the fact I had remembered: Oh yes, I refused because I was scared of this aging aspect... Except that after 4-5 years, I had no choice, as I couldn't read anything anymore. 
So I finally took my first pair and needed ... 8 months to get used and accustomed to ... 
Barely, as I then noticed a further drop in my sight. A few months later, a further decline, and then I made an appointment because clearly, I had to get a higher correction. 
January 2016, test result: an eye increases by 50%, the other 25%, and the beginning of presbyopia.


Prescription: progressive glasses, to see clearly both near and far. It ''fell well" for once, because the sales began just after my appointment with the optician and speaking of my extreme sensitivity to light and the fact that I'd been wearing sunglasses for 5 years, winter included as milky-white bright light filtering through clouds also aches my eyes, he suggested I ask for a new prescription for the optometrist corrective sunglasses in addition to my normal pair. 
Since mid-February, I've had these new glasses and have to get used to these progressive lenses, but they give me headaches. I get up every morning with migraines, though I still take many breaks during the day, removing my glasses. 
At times I feel dizzy, and am a bit clumsy. I do not judge distances well and sometimes I bump stuff. 
The positive : I can read while I'm in the sun, thanks to proper sunglasses, and with them, I can finally recognize people in the street as before with basic sunglasses, I had to get closer, to a few meters to see them.
I look forward to my eyes and brain can finally get better with these glasses, because it is not pleasant to get up with strong tinnitus in the morning and lasting good 1-2 hours on average (sometimes much longer !).
If you have any tips, I'm interested in ideas, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments